The UK Electoral Commission and Parliamentary Ombudsman provide complaints mechanisms

Submitted by: National Democratic Institute for International Affairs

In the United Kingdom, citizens can file complaints either by mail or email with the Secretary to the Commission Board of the Electoral Commission. If the person is not satisfied with the outcome of the complaints process, she or he may appeal to the Parliamentary Ombudsman through the office of his or her Member of Parliament (or the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman for complaints relating to Scottish local government elections).

Countries this example relates to…

United Kingdom

Related Commitments

Related Topics